Osteopathy is a safe and effective form of Primary Health Care.
We are now Allied Health Practitioners recognised by NHS England
- We first explore you presenting symptoms and concerns during a detailed case history.
- This takes perhaps half your first consultation – but is critical to move forwards.
- Gathering this information and developing an understanding of your health history as well a detailed physical examination helps us form a time line and frame for what is wrong
- We then explain what we feel is going on, in the context of your broader lifestyle at work, rest and play – and how much we feel we can help, or what referral might be needed.
- We will help you understand all the contributing factors to your case to help you engage with the process of getting better and what changes you might need to make.
- We may provide tailored individual exercises, at the right time, to help you improve.
- We will also advise you on how you perform sports and exercise that you already do.
Our Osteopaths will explain to you:
- Why you are in pain
- How long your recovery should take
- How many treatments you should need over what period
- When it is ideal to return to full physical activity
- When it is most appropriate to be referred to another professional