- We maybe your first stop on your journey to help you understand and rescue your health concerns.
- Many of our new patients have seen their doctor, and perhaps several other practitioners.
- They may have short lived or little improvement to date and are seeking help elsewhere.
- We don’t perform miracles but rather medical approach to assessment and diagnosis.
- We have a practice charter and follow the code of practice of the General Osteopathic Council.
Our Practice Charter
Osteopathy is a safe and effective form of Primary Health Care. Our Osteopaths will explain to you:
- Why you are in pain
- How long your recovery should take
- How many treatments you should need over what period
- When it is ideal to return to full physical activity
- When it is most appropriate to be referred to another professional
We seek to restore optimal functioning of your body where possible reducing reliance on painkillers, or earlier than necessary surgery.
Our patient-centered approach to health and well-being means we consider your symptoms in the context of your full medical history, as well as your lifestyle and personal circumstances.
The Body Back-Up team of Osteopaths are Registered with the General Osteopathic Council.
We uphold the highest standards of patient care, best practice and conduct.
| Things to Consider to help us take a full and accurate Case History
It would be useful but not essential to bring the following items:
Many of our new patients are referred to us by their GP or Practice Nurse.
With your permission we may update them with regards to your progress and treatment.