If you require our “Body Back-Up” Orthotic service Book an appointment here
What are Orthotics?
People often suffer foot pain at some time in their lives, frequently along with sore legs, knees and back pain. These are often caused by poor mechanical alignment affecting the way you run, walk and stand. When appropriately prescribed, orthotics can reduce foot pain. Foot orthotics allow the muscles, tendons ligaments and bones of the feet to function at their highest potential. Orthotics are shaped with special features to support the natural shape of your feet, as well as increase stability and cushioning. Orthotics that are ‘made to measure’ can cost between £200- £300 a pair! Some are ‘Neutral cast’, others made using a ‘Gel mould process’. We offer a semi-bespoke service – matching your foot arch needs for each foot separately and testing how you perform whilst wearing the footwear you use for Home, Work or Sports.
Ideal for Hospital Staff – Hairdressers – Builders – Factory Workers – Commuters
Do you need a Orthotics consultation with us?
We might just be able to help you work, rest and play better. Lets see – 30 minute consultation and simple tests can provide the answers – whilst taking your sports and daily activities into account.
- We first test your feet and footwear with your existing ORTHOTICS if you have some already to see what works best for you.
- We also assess your stride and balance and power control using a range of test – observing the ankle, knee, hip and back function as well as how the feet contact the ground.
- We make a comparison performing the same tests with bare feet , with the shoes you wear at work, rest or play – without Orthotics to assess how well the shoes help your stride and balance
- We finally introduce our high quality low cost insoles to suit your needs and test you again in your foot wear but with our selected Low cost Orthotics.
- The results should speak for themselves – you will feel benefit immediately with enhanced function and balance and stability.
- If your shoes are working well and are supportive and haven’t become worn or distorted over time it can be that Orthotics are not required and offer no benefit to your function.