Osteopath Robin Lansman’s Step by Step approach to Biomechanical Assessment – Hands-on treatment with FAR.
Used on a daily basis when treating patients at his clinics in Maidenhead & London Maida Vale W9
Useful Information to Download or Print
We offer hands on care for our patients to help you recover and re-learn how to use your body when you suffer Back Pain or stiffness and want to Work, Rest or Play Better!
By designing treatment & stretches to suit individual needs combined with FAR great results can be achieved with Older patients who want to stay fit as well as desk bound office staff & Performance Sports for Strength Flexibility & Stability Recreational Sports
Some of the types of conditions FAR may be able to help with :
- Hip stiffness that affect your walking stride and balance
- Helping you fully recover after a joint replacement (hip/knee)
- Chronic postural spinal stiffness in the upper back associated with tension headaches
- Shoulder stiffness and frozen shoulder
- Helping long term recovery after accidents like Whiplash
- Lower back pain and stiffness and certain types of Sciatica
- Hyper-mobile jointed patients who suffer deep muscle stiffness
- FAR is now used by Osteopaths, Physios, Chiropractors, Doctors and Surgeons
- From across the UK, Germany, Poland, Switzerland, Portugal, Spain & Holland
- They have studied FAR as developed by Leading Osteopath Robin Lansman both in the UK and Abroad.
Active Palpation Assessment – Detailed evaluation to really feel how your muscles are working or where they need help
Functional Active Rehabilitation – Specialised exercises to help reactivate muscle power and control as you recover
3D Muscle Chain FAR Hands On treatment to help you regain confidence in movement and your abilities
FAR has been used for Tension Headaches due to stiffness in the Upper Back and Neck
FAR can assist Work related Postural stiffness
FAR is used to assist recovery from Lower Back pain and some types of Sciatica
FAR can help release Deep stiffness in the HIP muscles and Thighs
FAR can assist in some cases of Sports Injury that show slow Progress and return to activity
- FAR helps you by individually coaching your exercise and body awareness to assist other forms of exercise to become more effective like yoga and pilates without injury or strain.
- Discovering movement and strength blocks and finding individual stretches that solve these blocks to create more flowing movement
- Helping those who are in pain and have low body confidence explore and resolve the areas of their body that need help most.
- Reduce fear of movement that is painful.
- Reduce injury from over protecting areas of the body that feel weak and vulnerable.
- Explore and understand how the Body is really working to enhance quality of your training and determine areas there need focused loosening or strengthening to allow you to deliver the best you can in your chosen sport at recreational or professional level.
- Uncover the uneven effects of sports and gym workouts that actually leave the body working off balance and reduce the build-up of strains that lead to injury and reduce time outs.
- Enhance your gait to help your walk and run better with less chance of injury, guide recovery as well as enhance balance and co-ordination skills.