For start & end point is at
Walking group in North Maidenhead
Come and join us for Healthy Conversations on the move in Maidenhead’s North Town moors! Led by Marelie Mey Osteopath, Health Professional & registered with the Allied Health Profession AHP
If you do not know anything about the Active 10 app and how it works you can also find out about it and its benefits during your walk.
Thursday Walk Time Table
Start 9:30 am – Meet at BODY BACK-UP
9:35 am – depart 5 mins walk and warm up stretch
9:35 am – to 10:00 – Brisk walk session 1
10:00 am – Upper body exercise session
10:05 am – Brisk Walk session 2
10:20 am – Warm down
10:25 am – Cool Off stretches
10:30 am – END – tea coffee at BODY BACK-UP
What to bring
Water Bottle (1 Litre)
Loose, comfortable clothing
Comfortable shoes for walking – not flip-flops (gym clothes are ok)
Smart phone (if you have one/are interested in using the Active 10 app)
Warmer clothing for cooler days & for cool off session. What to wear depending on the weather
Health & Safety
Your first time at the walking group you will have to arrive 10 minutes early to read and fill in our health & safety form and disclaimer before you can join the group.
Active 10 app set up training
If you are interested in using the Active 10 app, you can arrive 10 minutes early with your smart phone to receive help and advice on how it works. Please come with pre-installation on your smart phone
Gait Assessment and Walking Improvement Training
Should you want your gait to be analysed, you can speak with the leader of the group and he/she can assess your gait during the walk and have a discussion about it during the walk. You will also receive an information pack on your first walk about our gait analysis, healthy eating for healthy living and Osteopathy at the Body Back-Up Clinic
Your walk Health Review
Here is a list of some of the health concerns we need to assess before you join the walking group.
You will be given a form to complete so we have a record of your health status. You can discuss with the osteopath leading the group who is Primary Health Trained and an AHP (Allied Health Practitioner) recognised by NHS England
- Do you smoke?
- Do you have diabetes?
- Is your total cholesterol to HDL cholesterol ratio greater than 5 to 1?
- Do you have a history of high blood pressure?
- Do you have a history of cardiovascular problems?
- Do you have a family history of chronic diseases before the age of 50?
- Are you taking any heart-related prescription drugs?
- Do you have any chronic injury?
- Do you eat a lot of junk food?
- Do you have any joint, bone, or any other health issue that limits your mobility when performing physical activity?
- Have you had chest pain while performing physical activity?
- Are you (clinically) obese?
- Do you take any medication on a regular basis?
- Are you under a lot of stress?
- Have you had a recent surgery?
- Are you sleep deprived?