Muscle & Joints Health & Well-being
- We are listening and here to try and help.
- Exploring how you feel with a health professional, can allow you to find new ways to live life and be healthier.
- Sometimes a few well-chosen hints and tips make all the difference and a little encouragement as to which actions to take or not take, can be key to making a change for the better.
- Feeling fitter and living and moving with ease can make you feel more content too as well as sleep better.
- Monitoring any changes and reflecting on how you feel, is useful to see what works best for you.
- It may take a little time, especially if you have had pain or stiffness for weeks or months, however making positive changes will provide a sense of direction and less help reduce the feeling of being isolated with your pain especially when family or community social activities become harder to enjoy fully.
Come and chat with one of our highly trained Osteopath health professionals who are Allied Health Professions (AHP) recognised by NHS England.
We cannot offer a full diagnosis without a full case history and examination. As a result our tips and suggestions may have limits depending on your underlying health status.
We are a private health service but recognise that not everyone can access us. We do offer a range of fee rates that try to provide options for those self-funding their care. Please ask for more details of this is your situation and feel you might like us to help you further.
Looking after yourself is vital to your Health and Wellbeing. Finding time can be a reason that is put forward to excuse the fact that perhaps motivation and knowing how to take care is the issue to be confronted. How can you suit your suit individual needs lifestyle?
What would help to support your work?
Not being able to work effectively or comfortably could have huge issues for you and your family.
Would working differently help? Would exercise tailored to you and the job make the work day more tolerable?
What effect does pain have on your ability to work?
Rest is a very important component of health and often forgotten. Not sleeping well due to discomfort means you have less energy to work and exercise.
Pillows and mattresses if poorly matching your body shape and weight over time aggravate your back and neck.
How you sit on the sofa and use a laptop or watch TV are all part of relaxing but sitting badly and for too long can create stiffness that can lead to headaches and put you at risk of everyday activity causing you to strain your stiff back or neck.
Poor rest can then effect your working day too!
Perhaps you do already enjoy exercise or sport and are worried about injury or aggravating an existing longer term complaint?
Walking is the most available and no cost exercise.
You do need a good pair of walking trainers as your investment to walk at your best.
Have you got enough information about the back or knee or hip or neck pain to know what would really make it worse?
Sometimes the belief alone that exercise would worsen matters is enough to make people give up and not know what to do for the best.
Everyone can make some progress but understanding the details of your problem and then being guided to take the best course of action to suit you as an individual is key.
Exercise can help you overcome pain and stiffness that would otherwise make a day of work harder to deal with.
Work Rest and Play Better!
We are here to help you with good advice, specific remedial exercise or stretches or hands on treatment to suit you best.
Let us help you explore your motivation and find a way forwards to help you enjoy life, as well as move better and feel more productive too.