Having been a professionally trained dancer studying at a London stage school under the likes of Arlene Phillips, she went on to work in France for several years as a Classical Ballet dancer. She then trained as a Yoga teacher, which led on to her interest and training as an Osteopath at the British School of Osteopathy, graduating in 1986.
Having two sport-loving sons, Karen has been introduced into the world of Football, Cricket and Rugby. (She failed to tempt them into the world of Ballet). Her eldest son played Rugby for England under-16’s and has been treated with Osteopathy by Karen through several Rugby injuries.
Karen is keen to encourage her patients to find an exercise regime that they will enjoy and complement their Osteopathic Care.
She treats all ages and has an interest in using Osteopathy’s gentler techniques such as Cranial Osteopathy when requested by her patients or when required.
GET HEALTHIER – stronger and more flexible IN 2018 with OUR help
1-2-1 Exercise on TUESDAY and THURDAYS or FRIDAYS by Appointment only in Maidenhead
We offer a 25% reduction if you book 4 sessions January 2018 FITNESS WEEKS
(Normally £50 per 40 minute session )
- Work 1-2-1 with Body Back-Up experienced, former professional dancer & Osteopath Karen Phillips and create a 30 minute Exercise Routine Crafted to suit YOU that you can take away and use either daily or several times per week to suit your needs and lifestyle.
- During 4 one to one 40 minute sessions your UNIQUE exercise requirements will be explored and practiced so you are fully familiar with what you need to do between sessions and going forwards.
- If you are undergoing treatment the exercises will be tailored to help the treatment progress and help you maintain your improvement.
- Learn TONING exercises sourced from Traditional Pilates ,Yoga and Keep fit BUT modified for YOU
- Karen has worked as an Osteopath for over 30 years and Taught Ballet and Yoga .
- Over the last decade she has explored different Pilates and Danced based Exercise techniques as part of her Osteopathic professional development.
- You should observe a number of benefits from the sessions including :
- Improved POSTURE with less fatigue
- CORE STABILITY – strength from inside out
- Greater Flexibility
- A feeling of enhanced body CONFIDENCE
- Please wear stretchy Gym clothes / shorts and T shirts with gym type shoes and socks
Karen Phillips D.O. is registered with BUPA, AXA PPP, Cigna, Aviva, Standard Life Healthcare, WPA, Pruhealth, Medisure, RSA.
Karen Phillips is at our Maidenhead practice on Tuesdays and Friday mornings 9:00am to 13:00pm
← Back to Team Members