Body Back Up Healthcare are an experienced team of osteopaths. We treat a wide range of conditions including back pain, sciatica and scoliosis, and operate a full sports injury clinic. Our Maidenhead branch offers the perfect location for those looking for treatment within Berkshire.
We are located a short distance from Burnham, Taplow, Bray, Cookham, Bourne End and Marlow. By car junctions 6 or 8/9 M4 are closest, with Furze Platt station & Maidenhead main line from Paddington nearby.
For those unable to travel to the practice for mobility reasons, home visits are available around the Maidenhead area on request and generally on TUESDAYS and FRIDAYS only.
We now also offer assessments via online video consultations
Appointment Times & days
Appointments are available on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday & Fridays
We offer some 8am starts and after 6pm slots through the week depending on availability.
Telephone Reception Opening Hours
Our reception service is available 08:30 – 18:00, Monday to Friday and 09:00 – 13:00 on Saturday. You can book an appointment online 365 24/7 using the online booking system below.
1st Appointment or Re-assessment
You have never been to Body Back-Up before or are coming with a new problem which we have not previously assessed
Standard Appointment (45 mins) : £95
Extended Appointment (60 mins) : £125
Follow-up appointment for a problem we have already assessed and which requires ongoing treatment
Standard Appointment (30 mins) : £75
Extended Appointment (45 mins) : £95
Online Video Consultation
Suitable for diagnostic assessment, workstation assessment or foot and gait/orthotics assessment
Online Video Consultation (30 mins) : £75
Foot and Gait / Orthotics Assessment
In-person foot and gait assessment and finding the right orthotic insoles for you
Orthotics assessment (30 mins) : £75
It would be useful but not essential to bring the following items to your consultation:
- GP Details and Referral Letter
- X-Rays or Scans
- Current medication list
- Completed Health Insurance Forms
- Medical Reports
- Exercise Program
We have a small car park at the rear of the building.
If you park on the street, please ensure your vehicle is not blocking local residents’ driveways, or parked on pavement or grass.
Home visits are available from our Maidenhead practice on request for those who are unable to travel to our practice for mobility reasons.
The fees are charged following our Professional fee structure for new or follow-up appointments, plus a surcharge (depending on the appointment duration and distance from the practice). These are normally £30 – £60 to allow for travel time out of practice.
Please ensure you book your home visits by telephone and not by using our online booking system.
We are able to accept card payments using a mobile payment system.
- Boyne Hill
- Cox Green
- Woodlands Park
- Pinkneys Green
- Cookham Dean
- Bourne End
- Farnham Common
- Marlow Bottom
- Burchetts Green
- Littlewick Green
- Please remember that fees are payable after each appointment unless you have pre-arranged for direct settlement using your Health Insurance with the Body Back-Up Reception Team.
- Receipt will be issued for any appointment on request.
- If you need to cancel your appointment, or change the date or time we require 24 hours’ notice.
- A fee will apply for non-arrival or late cancellations.
Body Back-Up osteopaths are registered with all major health insurance companies. If you already have health insurance that covers treatment you can submit your details electronically using our form provided. Many health insurance companies cover osteopathic treatment – in some cases you may need a GP referral to make a claim – check with your health insurer before treatment.
Sending the details before your appointment will make sure everything is in place to facilitate direct settlement after your first treatment session. We reserve the right, in certain instances, to withdraw direct settlement options but can issue receipt for you to make your claim from your health insurer personally.
If you prefer you can complete a form when you attend the clinic for your treatment, but please make sure you bring all the details with you – this will avoid any delay in processing your claim. If you are not sure if you have the appropriate cover, please ask the Body Back-Up receptionist or your health policy administrator. If you have a corporate health policy, ask your human resources department to contact us and we will give them more comprehensive information to help you with your claim.
If you would like to claim your osteopathic fee by direct settlement, Body Back-Up would claim these fees directly from the health insurance company, so you can concentrate on getting better – You can opt to claim yourself using receipts at the end of your treatment period. We reserve the right in certain circumstances, with certain health insurers, to suspend direct settlement options. Please check how this may apply to your individual circumstances.
- Policy Excess: Do you or your company need to pay the first part of the treatment fees?
- Claims Limit: Have you already used all your allowances for treatment for a similar problem during the financial year of your insurance policy?
- Your health insurance may stipulate that you have a ‘set’ number of appointments over a time interval – and then your case is reviewed.
- Health Insurance: normally state that treatment must be for acute care rather than on-going maintenance treatment. Check your policy wording.
- GP Referral: Does your policy require you to have a referral letter to a “named” Body Back-Up osteopath to enable the claim to be settled?
- Claim Forms: Do you need to complete a claim form and have it signed by your GP – or can the osteopath treating you sign it?
- Claim Numbers: You will need your membership number. If you are in a company scheme you will also need your group number – this is the number allocated to your company, you will then have your own membership number. You may also need an authorisation code from the health insurance company.
If you need help with any of these details, please contact your insurer in the first instance. You may also have someone in your company – perhaps in human resources – who can assist you. If you still encounter problems, please contact us and we will provide all the assistance we can.