Body Back Up Healthcare are an experienced team of osteopaths. We treat patients at the Doctor Today practice in Finchley Road, West Hampstead, between Belsize Park and Hampstead perfect for those living or working within central London or the outskirts of the city. We treat a wide range of conditions including back pain, sciatica and scoliosis, and operate a sports injury clinic.
Working with the team at Doctor Today we can also access private GP consultations, pregnancy and paediatric expertise as well as a range of health check ups and tests, including blood tests with a fast turn around. This all supports our osteopathy work and allows us to maintain the highest standards of care.
For those unable to travel to the practice for mobility reasons, home visits are available around the NW3 area, including Hampstead, West Hampstead, Kentish Town, Swiss Cottage, Child’s Hill and Finchley Road. We also offer assessments via online video consultations.
If you are looking for osteopathy services in London, our Finchley location offers the perfect setting, easily accessible by rail and bus routes from central London and outer boroughs.
Appointments are available on Monday, Tuesday and Thursday.
Telephone Reception Opening Hours
Our reception service is available 09:00 – 17:30 Monday to Friday. If you wish to book an appointment please do so using the online booking system below.
It would be useful but not essential to bring the following items to your consultation:
- GP Details and Referral Letter
- X-Rays or Scans
- Current medication list
- Completed Health Insurance Forms
- Medical Reports
- Exercise Program
Home visits are available on request for those who are unable to travel to our practice for mobility reasons.
The fees are charged following our Professional fee structure for new or follow-up appointments, plus a surcharge (depending on the appointment duration and distance from the practice). These are normally £40 – £60 to allow for travel time out of practice.
Please ensure you book your home visits by telephone and not by using our online booking system.
We are able to accept card payments using a mobile payment system.
- West Hampstead
- Kentish Town
- Swiss Cottage
- Child’s Hill
- Please remember that fees are payable after each appointment unless you have pre-arranged for direct settlement using your Health Insurance with the Body Back-Up Reception Team.
- Receipt will be issued for any appointment on request.
- If you need to cancel your appointment, or change the date or time we require 24 hours’ notice.
- A fee will apply for non-arrival or late cancellations.
Body Back-Up osteopaths are registered with all major health insurance companies. If you already have health insurance that covers treatment you can submit your details electronically using our form provided. Many health insurance companies cover osteopathic treatment – in some cases you may need a GP referral to make a claim – check with your health insurer before treatment.
Sending the details before your appointment will make sure everything is in place to facilitate direct settlement after your first treatment session. We reserve the right, in certain instances, to withdraw direct settlement options but can issue receipt for you to make your claim from your health insurer personally.
If you prefer you can complete a form when you attend the clinic for your treatment, but please make sure you bring all the details with you – this will avoid any delay in processing your claim. If you are not sure if you have the appropriate cover, please ask the Body Back-Up receptionist or your health policy administrator. If you have a corporate health policy, ask your human resources department to contact us and we will give them more comprehensive information to help you with your claim.
If you would like to claim your osteopathic fee by direct settlement, Body Back-Up would claim these fees directly from the health insurance company, so you can concentrate on getting better – You can opt to claim yourself using receipts at the end of your treatment period. We reserve the right in certain circumstances, with certain health insurers, to suspend direct settlement options. Please check how this may apply to your individual circumstances.
- Policy Excess: Do you or your company need to pay the first part of the treatment fees?
- Claims Limit: Have you already used all your allowances for treatment for a similar problem during the financial year of your insurance policy?
- Your health insurance may stipulate that you have a ‘set’ number of appointments over a time interval – and then your case is reviewed.
- Health Insurance: normally state that treatment must be for acute care rather than on-going maintenance treatment. Check your policy wording.
- GP Referral: Does your policy require you to have a referral letter to a “named” Body Back-Up osteopath to enable the claim to be settled?
- Claim Forms: Do you need to complete a claim form and have it signed by your GP – or can the osteopath treating you sign it?
- Claim Numbers: You will need your membership number. If you are in a company scheme you will also need your group number – this is the number allocated to your company, you will then have your own membership number. You may also need an authorisation code from the health insurance company.
If you need help with any of these details, please contact your insurer in the first instance. You may also have someone in your company – perhaps in human resources – who can assist you. If you still encounter problems, please contact us and we will provide all the assistance we can.
We are located 5 minutes walk from Finchley Road London underground station, which is served by the Jubilee and Metropolitan lines. Turn left out of the tube station, use the underpass to cross Finchley Road and walk north along Finchley Road keeping the road on your left and shop fronts on your right. You will pass opposite the O2 centre on the left. We are approximately 150 yards further up Finchley Road on the right.
We are 100 yards from Finchley Road and Frognal station (Overground), and a short walk or taxi ride from West Hampstead Thameslink Station.
Local buses that stop directly outside the practice:
13 (Aldwych – Baker Street – Golders Green)
82 (Victoria – Golders Green – North Finchley)
113 (Oxford Circus – Hendon – Edgware)
We are located on the A41 (Finchley Road) between Finchley Road & Frognal Station and Finchley Road Underground Station. Car parking is available nearby in the O2 centre Sainsburys car park – postcode NW3 6LU.
Practitioners Available at our Finchley Road Clinic
Join Our Mailing List for
£10 Off Your First Appointment
Join our mailing list to receive our latest tips and advice on staying healthy throughout the year. Sign up now and you’ll receive a £10 discount on your first appointment at Body Back-Up, that you can redeem immediately.
After subscribing, please check your inbox for an email explaining how to redeem your discount. You may book an appointment whilst waiting for the email. If you do not receive the email, please check your spam folder.